Thursday, August 23, 2007

Systemic onset JRA with multiple Arthritis, severe pain and prolong fever

An 11 year boy admitted in our hospital with fever for one and half months, severe pain and swelling of multiple joints. He has no recent history of sore throat, no family history of RA, no features of Psoriasis, no h/o contact with tuberculous patient, no h/o hear disease.

On examination, subcutaneous nodules over bony prominences, multiple, discrete, non tender, lymph nodes at different sites were found. There were no hepatosplenomagaly, no murmer, no bony tenderness and no bleeding manifestations .

He has anaemia, leucocytosis with neutropenia, high ESR. Urine analysis, Platelet, PBF, X ray of the chest and ECG were normal. Xray of the right knee joint shows soft tissue swelling, blood culture negative. ASO titre was 400 IU ( may be a coincidental finding of past streptococcal infection). RA factor abd ANF were absent.

Possibility of tuberculosis, leaukaemia, bacterial endocarditis were excluded.

The patient was level as Systemic onset JRA.

The patient was given tab Ibuprofen and 2 days later as the patient was not improving oral prednisolone was added.

One week after the admission the patient is now settled.


Bdoza

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to say that I realy like your site and that I enjoy reading your articles. Your site is very user friendly and I love the fact that you update constantly.

I have a degree in Molecular Biology and I am currently pursuing a Masters in Molecular Engineering.I find your articles very fascinating and intriguing since I will be pursuing a MD degree after my masters.

If possible I would like to exchange links because I would like to feature some of your stories on my site.

Thanks

Unknown said...

I forgot to put the website address in my comments:

http:www.SeanAwesome.com

badrud doza said...

Thanks Sean for visiting my site and for showing interest for exchanging links with me.

It is nice that you are a molecular biologist and also persuing higher studies in Molecular Engineering.

I have visited your site.It indicates that you have interests other than molecular biology and your present site has dealt least with your subject.

Why not develop a site on molecular biology itself?

With good wishes.